Caring for an Aging Loved One? We Can Help!
Many times, caring for the elderly involves family, so Sheridan Care can also play a role in providing “respite care” for the family caregiver (i.e. a partner caring for a partner, wife caring for a husband or a child caring for their parents). Constant caregiving can bring considerable stress on the loved one, relief from daily routines allows them more time for themselves, and can strengthen the relationships.
Sheridan Care can help you by providing:
- Qualified, caring, trained, insured, bonded, and flexible caregivers. Our caregivers can assist your elderly loved one for a few hours a week, a few hours a day, or more.
- Access to information and training for caregivers. We have access to (and offer) a wealth of information, training and resources for those caring for their loved ones.
- Fall-prevention assessments and training. One of the largest sources of injuries among seniors is falling. We can help you assess the risks that your loved one faces and provide education on how to minimize the risk of falling. We will even conduct a free workshop on fall prevention for you and your family members. Visit the Fall Prevention section to learn more.
- Home safety checks. We have extensive experience in ensuring that your loved one’s home is safe. This is vital to maintaining independence for as long as possible.
- Support and understanding. We can help you get connected with support groups and individuals in our area that can help YOU as a caregiver, as well as help you care for your loved one.
So if you are a family caregiver in need of some help, don’t hesitate to contact us.